Search This Blog
Monday, February 9, 2009
Swing High, Swing Low!
I made this swing for Caden and it was easy, fun, and cheap! Here's the How To!
1. Step one is to buy about 10 feet of rope. I paid $.58 a foot for mine so it was $5.80. Make sure to get a rope that is thick and soft on the hands. I think this was mountain climbing rope?
2. The second step is to cut a 9 inch circle from 3/4 inch Plywood. I had scraps in my backyard so it was free:) Sand it smooth so that no one gets splinters
3. Drill a hole in the center of the circle just big enough for the rope to fit through.
4. Put the end of the rope through the hole and tie a knot. We also burned the end with a lighter so that it wouldn't fray.
5. We tied another knot every foot so that there would be handles to hold for sitting and for standing.6. The last step is to tie an anchor of some sort to the other end of the rope. I got mine for 2 dollars but you could get something cheaper like one of those ones that are shaped like and an "S".
Posted by Packer Family at 10:10 PM
Labels: balance, large motor, outside, recycle, wood working
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
I LOVE reading your comments and try to respond to each and every one!
So, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. :)
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE