I started by introducing Caden to Mr. Bear and sadly telling him that Mr. Bear hurt his leg. Here is how the conversation went from there;
C: Oh No!
Me: What should we do?
C: Oh! Kiss better! (kissing Mr. Bears leg)
After he kissed it better I showed him how to "clean" the hurt with the empty squirt bottle and cotton balls. I also showed him how to bandage it up and "take his temperature". My favorite part was how gentle Caden was being with Mr. Bear! He was even stroking his head:) This is an activity that required me to sit with Caden the first time but through out the day he would go back and talk about the bear and what new parts were hurt and then lay him gently on his little bed!! So sweet!
Here's what I used to make this little first aid station:
- A patient (stuffed toy or baby doll)
- Cotton balls
- Fake bandaids, made from strips of fabric
- Real bandaids, The really cheap kind
- Fake thermometer made from a popsicle stick
- A stethoscope that I got from the hospital when Caden was born!
- Squirt bottle for cleaning
- Pillow and blanket, I made mine from leftover terry cloth
- Gauze, cut in to manageable strips
P.S. The station is actually a tool bench that I use as the pretend table and it changes to lots of things. Every time I change it I will post about the new pretend activity!
Ooo, I need to do something like this for Sariah and Gabe. They would LOVE it.ReplyDelete